The Importance Of Flossing To The Path Of The Ninja
When To Begin Flossing Training
The Way Of The Flossing Master
- Explain the importance of flossing. If they understand why it matters, they will be more motivated to do it.
- Emphasize that flossing is a Big Kid skill. Like learning to tie their shoes and ride a bike without training wheels, they’ll be eager to prove how grown up they are by flossing their own teeth.
- Use flossers or floss picks if traditional floss is too tricky.
- If you’re sticking with traditional floss, show them how to pull out the right amount (a foot and a half) and loosely wrap it around their middle fingers, leaving just an inch or two to slide between the teeth.
- Show them how to effectively clean by using a back-and-forth motionwithout snapping their gums. Curve the floss around each tooth in a C-shape to make it more gentle.
- Teach them how to move down the strand so they use clean floss on each tooth. We want to get rid of the plaque, not move it around!